Are you 16 years old or older and applying for your first adult passport?
- Complete Form DS-11. Enter your information online and print Form DS-11. Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your social security number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.
- Do not sign Form DS-11 on page 1
- Applicants need to apply in person and should present documents that prove U.S. citizenship (birth certificate or naturalization certificate) and the current U.S. Passport.
- Bring one (1) photo 2×2 inches.
- The fee is $115 payable in dollars or the equivalent in Nigerian Naira in cash at the Embassy. We do not accept credit cards.
- You may be asked to provide additional documentation to support your passport application, including hospital records from your delivery, the passport that your mother used to travel to the United States when you were born, other documentation showing your parents’ presence in the United States, age-progression photos, and Nigerian identification. Failure to provide this documentation at your initial passport appointment can cause delays in processing your application.
- Passport issuances in Abuja and Lagos are by appointment only. Please schedule your appointment here:
- Allow Approximately 3 weeks for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport.
Important Announcement Regarding Passport and CRBA Delivery
U.S. Passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad will no longer be picked up at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos. These items will be available for pickup from DHL at their Victoria Island and Port Harcourt locations for a fee. Details will be available during your passport or CRBA appointment.
In order for us to provide quality service to all our customers, it is important that you arrive on time for your appointment. Applicants who arrive more than 15 minutes late for their appointments will have to reschedule. Applicants who arrive on time for their appointment without the required documents may also be required to reschedule their appointments.