Passport Services

The State Department no longer issues supplemental passport pages to U.S. citizens. When an individual’s current passport is full, he/she will be required to obtain a new passport at full cost – $110 for adults or $115 for minors.

Section 215 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1185) states:


Except as otherwise provided by the President and subject to such limitations and exceptions as the President may authorize and prescribe, it shall be unlawful for any citizen of the United States to depart from or enter, or attempt to depart from or enter, the United States unless he bears a valid United States passport.


The term “United States” as used in this section includes the Canal Zone, and all territory and waters, continental or insular, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. The term “person” as used in this section shall be deemed to mean any individual, partnership, association, company, or other incorporated body of individuals, or corporation, or body politic.”

This means that it is the traveler’s responsibility to ensure that his/her passport, and the passports of the traveler’s family members, are valid prior to departing from the U.S.

In addition, an expired passport does not constitute an emergency that warrants the issuance of an emergency passport.  The processing time for a U.S. passport averages two weeks.  U.S. Embassies overseas do not offer expedited processing.

Renew An Adult Passport

Renew A Child´s Passport

Applying for a U.S. Passport from Outside the United States

Applying for a U.S. passport while outside the United States is a different process from applying for a U.S. passport while inside the United States. Although the application forms, supporting documentation, fees and finished products are the same everywhere, each U.S. embassy and consulate has different procedures for submitting and processing your final documents. Listed below is information you should know when applying for a U.S. passport while outside the United States. For more information, please visit the Department of State Travel site.

Apply for an Adult Passport