“The Department of State has issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for Nigeria”. Reconsider Travel: Nigeria Travel Advisory
Last updated: February 2023
The CDC’s order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. More information from CDC is available at: Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional COVID-19 travel information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Requirements for Entry to Nigeria
- As of December 2022, Nigeria no longer requires pre-departure or post-arrival COVID-19 PCR testing regardless of a person’s vaccination status. Passengers are required to complete a Health Declaration Form online by visiting https://healthapp.ncdc.gov.ng. Paper-based versions will be available onboard the aircraft or upon arrival for passengers unable to complete the online form
- The Nigerian Immigration Service posts information about entry requirements on its website: https://immigration.gov.ng/.
- The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (NCDC) publishes specific information here: https://ncdc.gov.ng
- PCR and/or antigen tests are available for U.S. citizens in Nigeria. Several private laboratories conduct COVID-19 testing, with many providing results in 24 hours.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Nigeria for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Qualified individuals can both register and find additional vaccination information at: https://nphcda.gov.ng
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions to CDC’s requirement that all U.S. bound non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrant travelers present proof of vaccination, see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
- Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC)
Toll-Free Number: 6232
SMS (Text Message): 08-09-955-5577
WhatsApp: 07-08-711-0839 (if outside of Nigeria – +234-708-711-0839)
- Other links:
- COVID-19 information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- S. Department of State’s Country Information and Travel Advisory page: www.state.gov/countries-areas/nigeria