Location: Nigeria, countrywide
Event: Due to recent world events, U.S. citizens should review their personal security measures. While we have no specific threat information, it is prudent to remind ourselves of the following personal security actions to follow on a regular basis.
Actions To Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Keep a low profile
- Stay alert in public places, including schools, hospitals, government facilities, places of worship, tourist locations, and transportation hubs
- Review and alter travel routes and times to reduce time and place predictability
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations
- Exercise caution when walking or driving at night
- Carry proper ID
- Review your personal security plans
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review the Travel Advisory for Nigeria
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4328 and after hours +234 (9) 461-4000 press zero.
- U.S. Consulate Lagos
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3600 and after hours +234 (1) 460 3400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates.