The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is pleased to invite you to a voting information session for U.S. citizens. The event will be held on February 5, 2020 at 1:00 PM at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos. A representative from the Federal Voting Assistance Program will give a presentation and answer questions on how American Citizens can vote from overseas. The program is particularly aimed at U.S. Citizens active in the American community who wish to assist other Americans in the voting process.
The space is limited, so if you wish to attend please send an email to LagosACS@state.gov no later than January 29, 2020 with the subject line VOTING INFORMATION SESSION. To ensure access to the consulate, the email must include the full name for each individual attending. Individuals who RSVP will receive a confirmation email. An RSVP is required to attend, and participants must present government issued photo identification to gain entry.
The Federal Voting Assistance Program’s website is available at https://www.fvap.gov/. This site provides guidance to overseas voters and includes an Online Assistant which allows voters to register, request absentee ballot, and update their voter information.
Please note that the information session on February 5th will be dedicated solely to voting. For information about other American Citizen Services or to schedule an appointment, please visit the American Citizen Services section of this website.
American Citizen Services, U.S. Consulate Lagos
For information on security in Nigeria:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, the Travel Advisories and Alerts, the Nigeria Travel Advisory, the Nigeria Country Information, and the Crime and Safety Reports for Nigeria
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja,located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4000, prompt 2 [ACS only], Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000 and press zero. Email at AbujaACS@state.gov for American services.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lagos,located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3400, Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460 3400. Email LagosACS@state.gov for American Services.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).