Date: October 20, 2021
Event: The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is scheduled to appear in court at the Federal High Court on Shehu Shagari Way at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Supporters have proposed plans to show support by attending the hearing. The area near the high court is expected to be congested and have an increased security presence.
Actions To Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstration(s)
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Plan alternate routes in case of unexpected security concerns
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Monitor local media for updates
- Review the Travel Advisory for Nigeria
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4328 and after hours +234 (9) 461-4000 press zero.
U.S. Consulate Lagos
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460 3400 during business hours and after-hours