The U.S. Embassy in Abuja’s consular section will reopen on August 24 for full services for both visas and American Citizen Services (ACS). Please note that consular functions at the U.S. Consulate Lagos were never affected and will continue as usual.
We regret the inconvenience this interruption of service in Abuja has caused.
Visa and ACS applicants with scheduled appointments for August 24 should come to the Embassy, as usual.
Visa and ACS applicants with cancelled appointments between August 13 and August 23 will be contacted by the Embassy for rescheduling.
Visa and ACS applicants who were requested by an officer to appear again for follow-up questions on existing applications should contact our office to arrange a new date (ConsularAbuja@state.gov for visas or AbujaACS@state.gov for ACS).
- If you submitted a passport through the Interview Waiver Program for visa renewal, it will be processed as soon as possible.
- If your application was already approved, it will be mailed out (as normal) on the next available DHL shipment to your listed address.
Abuja ACS applicants who wish to pick-up their already-printed U.S. passports may come on Friday 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. If you are uncertain if your U.S. passport has arrived yet, please contact us first at AbujaACS@state.gov .
For information on security in Nigeria:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Advisories and Alerts,the Nigeria Travel Advisory, Nigeria Country Information, and the Crime and Safety Reports for Nigeria
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy inAbuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4328 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000 and press zero.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate inLagos, located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3600 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460 3400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook