In honor of the death of Former President George H. W. Bush, President Donald J. Trump has declared Wednesday, December 5, 2018, as a national day of mourning. Therefore, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General in Lagos will be closed on Wednesday December 5th.
No consular services will be available. If you already have a regular visa or ACS appointment for that date, you will be contacted for rescheduling.
As we approach the winter holidays, please note that the Embassy and Consulate will be closed to the public for other scheduled American and Nigerian holidays.
For information on security in Nigeria:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Advisories and Alerts,the Nigeria Travel Advisory, Nigeria Country Information, and the Crime and Safety Reports for Nigeria
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy inAbuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4328 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000 and press zero. Email at AbujaACS@state.gov for American Services.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate inLagos, located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3600 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460 3400. Email LagosACS@state.gov for American Services.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook