Abuja’s American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit is announcing changes to its appointment scheduling policy.
- Effective 21 October 2019, appointments for applicants with pending passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) cases must schedule appointments on Wednesdays.
- Appointments for the following types of services must be scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays:
Wednesdays are for pending cases only. Wednesday appointments are not for first-time initial CRBA applications, first-time passport applications, and passport renewal applications. First time applicants and applicants with passport renewal cases who book Wednesday appointments will be turned away.
In addition, it is important that all applicants, regardless of the service they require, schedule the appropriate time-slot for the service they are requesting. The online appointment system has options for the different types of services provided and these are scheduled to allow the officers to provide the best customer service possible.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For information on security in Nigeria:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, the Travel Advisories and Alerts, the Nigeria Travel Advisory, the Nigeria Country Information, and the Crime and Safety Reports for Nigeria
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4000 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000 and press zero. Email at AbujaACS@state.gov for American services.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3600 (ACS only), Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460 3400. Email LagosACS@state.gov for American Services.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook