Event: NCDC Update
As of May 6, 2020, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) reports 3,145 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria. There have been 534 recoveries and 103 deaths. A total of 22,492 samples have been tested. As testing capacity continues to expand, the past week has seen the highest daily new case counts since the pandemic began in Nigeria. Please continue to shelter in place and maintain vigilant hygiene practices and social distancing. You must comply with local requirements, including wearing of face coverings, curfew (8:00 pm to 6:00 am), and bans on large gatherings of people.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter