Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Event: COVID-19 Lockdown Reminders
Throughout the past twelve days, the Government of Nigeria has announced a number of updates to its COVID-19 lockdown:
- Effective April 22, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) agreed to a 14-day ban on interstate movement across all 36 states in Nigeria. The new restrictions apply to all interstate travel with the exception of essential services.
- Abuja, Lagos, and Ogun will remain on lockdown until Monday, May 04, 2020.
- Effective April 27, Kano State is on a total lockdown for a period of two weeks.
- Face masks or coverings are now mandatory in public settings.
- Effective 12:01 A.M. on May 04, 2020, a curfew will be in effect from 8:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M. until further notice.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos ask all U.S. citizens to continue to shelter in place and practice social distancing when movement is necessary. Please continue to follow all local laws regarding movement restrictions and curfews.
If you are interested in taking a future evacuation flight and have not done so already, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data: