Event: Continue to Shelter in Place
The Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) confirmed 65 cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria as of March 26, 2020. Please continue to shelter in place to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
The government of Nigeria has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. At present, there are no scheduled flights to the United States. However, we are actively exploring options and attempting to secure flights despite global airport closures and travel restrictions. We will email U.S. citizens immediately once we have flight details, routes, and costs. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to travel to Abuja or Lagos as soon as possible. Important Note: The Embassy and Consulate are unable to assist with lodging, food, or transportation costs, and some hotels have closed or are closing. As of today, we have confirmed the following airlines are still operating with limited availability: Ibom Air, Arik Airline, Max Airline, Han Air, Azman Airline, Air Peace, and Overland Air. Please work with the airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://ng.usembassy.gov/for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
- Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter