Event: Interstate Movement Restrictions
On April 22, 2020, the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) agreed to a 14-day ban on interstate movement among all 36 states across Nigeria, effective immediately. The new restrictions apply to all interstate travel with the exception of essential services.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos ask all U.S. citizens to continue to shelter in place and practice social distancing when movement is necessary.
Although we do not have information on an evacuation flight at this time, we have developed a new evacuation questionnaire to collect the most accurate information from U.S. citizens who are interested in returning to the United States. To be counted accurately, everyone with credible interest in evacuating MUST complete the below questionnaire, even if you have already completed previous forms.
If you are seeking to return to the United States on an evacuation flight, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the following questionnaire for the location nearest to you:
EACH traveler in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. Please use only these forms to express interest in an evacuation flight. All other forms have been disabled.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter