Event: Embassy and Consulate Closed, April 10 and April 13
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos are closed on Friday, April 10, and Monday, April 13, for the Easter holiday.
Effective March 27, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos have suspended routine consular services. If you are in need of an emergency passport, please contact either: LagosACS@state.gov or AbujaACS@state.gov to request an appointment. If you are in need of an emergency visa, please contact either: EmergencyLagosNIV@state.gov or EmergencyAbujaNIV@state.gov.
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos successfully evacuated hundreds of U.S. citizens this week, and the U.S. Embassy in Abuja is finalizing its manifest for a flight on Saturday, April 11. Both the Embassy and the Consulate are evaluating the possibility of additional evacuation flights. If you have not already done so, please register your interest in an evacuation flight at:
Our commitment to U.S. citizens in Nigeria remains unwavering during these challenging times. We will continue providing regular updates on COVID-19 developments in Nigeria. We recommend you use the sources below for additional, reliable information on the disease. Continue to practice social distancing and shelter in place. We will get through this difficult time together.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter