Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (August 6, 2020)
Event: Update – Lagos COVID-19 Protocols
On August 1, Lagos State Governor Sanwo-Olu announced a number of updates to the Lagos COVID-19 protocols, including:
· The permissible capacity for public gatherings may increase from 20 to 50 people.
· Starting Friday, August 7 for Muslim worshippers and Sunday, August 9 for Christian worshippers, places of worship will be allowed to open at 50 percent capacity. (Churches that hold services on Saturdays are permitted to do so under the same guidelines.) Places of worship are only permitted to have their regular once-a-week services on the designated days.
· Starting Friday, August 14, restaurants will be allowed to open for in-dining services at 50 percent capacity.
· Starting Friday, August 14, social clubs and recreational centers will be allowed to open.
With these updates, we encourage you to continue practicing social distancing, wearing a face covering, and washing your hands regularly with soap and water.
SCHEDULED EVACUATION FLIGHTS
The U.S. Mission has no scheduled evacuation flights from either Abuja or Lagos at this time. If the U.S. Mission schedules additional flights, we will communicate details to the public.
EVACUATION FLIGHT REGISTRATION
U.S. Mission Nigeria released a new evacuation questionnaire on April 22, 2020. If you are interested in an evacuation flight and have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. If there is space for you on a future flight, we will contact you directly by phone.
New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.