Event: Holiday Closure – Eid-el-Kabir
The Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Thursday, July 30, and Friday, July 31, as public holidays in observance of Eid-el-Kabir. The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will be closed in observance of these holidays.
SCHEDULED EVACUATION FLIGHTS
The U.S. Mission has no scheduled evacuation flights from either Abuja or Lagos at this time. If the U.S. Mission schedules additional flights, we will communicate details to the public.
EVACUATION FLIGHT REGISTRATION
U.S. Mission Nigeria released a new evacuation questionnaire on April 22, 2020. If you are interested in an evacuation flight and have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. If there is space for you on a future flight, we will contact you directly by phone.
New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.