Event: Reminder – COVID-19 Lockdown Directive
This is a reminder of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 (PTF) current lockdown guidelines, which are in place through July 27, 2020:
- The nationwide curfew remains in place from 10:00 P.M. – 4:00 A.M. daily. Healthcare workers and journalists are exempted from this curfew.
- Banks have resumed normal working hours.
- Government offices will be open between 9:00 A.M. and 2:00 P.M., Monday – Friday.
- Interstate travel resumed on July 01, 2020.
- Domestic flights resumed operations in Abuja and Lagos on July 8, and in other locations on July 11 and 15.
- Airports remain closed to international travel, except for emergency flights.
- Face masks or coverings are mandatory in public settings and handwashing/sanitizing practices must continue to be followed.
- Ban remains on gatherings of more than 20 people outside of a workplace.
- Bars, cinemas, recreational parks, gyms, entertainment centers, and night clubs remain closed.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and Consulate General in Lagos ask all U.S. citizens to continue to shelter in place and practice social distancing when movement is necessary. Please continue to monitor local news sources and guidelines published by local and state governments regarding movement restrictions, gatherings, and curfews.
SCHEDULED EVACUATION FLIGHTS
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has a scheduled evacuation flight through Ethiopian Airlines from Lagos to Washington, D.C., via Addis Ababa, on July 23. THIS FLIGHT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
The U.S. Mission has no additional flights from either Abuja or Lagos at this time. If the U.S. Mission schedules additional flights, we will communicate details to the public.
EVACUATION FLIGHT REGISTRATION
U.S. Mission Nigeria released a new evacuation questionnaire on April 22, 2020. If you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. If there is space for you on a future flight, we will contact you directly by phone.
New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.