Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (10 July 2020)
Event: Evacuation Flights Planned
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has confirmed two evacuation flights through Ethiopian Airlines: one on THURSDAY, JULY 16, and one on THURSDAY, JULY 23. Each flight will depart from Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and transit Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). At this time, the U.S. Mission has no anticipated flights from Abuja.
Unlike previous evacuation flights, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes. All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines. See below for details:
DATES: Thursday, July 16, and Thursday, July 23.
ELIGIBLE TRAVELERS: These flights are only available to U.S. citizens and U.S. Legal Permanent Residents (LPR). If you purchase a ticket and you are not a U.S. citizen or LPR, you do so at your own risk and may not receive a refund if denied boarding.
DESTINATION: Washington, D.C. (IAD), via Addis Ababa. Passengers cannot leave the Addis Ababa airport while in transit.
BOOKING: For flight times, pricing info, baggage info, and to book your ticket, please contact Ethiopian Airlines directly by phone or email:
· Monday-Saturday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM: +234 803 975 9711 or +234 814 199 2990
· Sunday Only, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM: +234 803 241 8516
Again, the U.S. Consulate WILL NOT be calling travelers to book these flights and travelers WILL NOT be signing promissory notes. All travelers must book and pay for their tickets through Ethiopian Airlines.
Evacuation Flight Registration
The U.S. Mission released new evacuation questionnaires on April 22, 2020. If you are interested in taking an evacuation flight organized by the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos or the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data:
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.