Event: Resumption of Domestic Flights, Evacuation Flight Full
Resumption of Domestic Flight
The Federal Government of Nigeria has announced the resumption of domestic flights to begin on July 08, 2020 for Abuja and Lagos airports. Kano, Port Harcourt, Owerri and Maiduguri airports will resume operations on July 11, 2020. All other airports are expected to reopen on July 15, 2020. No information has been announced related to the resumption of international travel.
Update on Evacuation Flights
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has chartered one evacuation flight for the week of June 29 from Lagos to Atlanta, GA. The flight is fully booked. There are no scheduled flights from Abuja at this time.
U.S. Mission Nigeria continues to explore the possibility of future evacuation flights. However, the Embassy in Abuja and the Consulate General in Lagos are unable to guarantee additional flights. Please do not call or e-mail to request a seat on this or future flights, we will call you if there is space available on a flight.
Evacuation flight registration
U.S. Mission Nigeria released a new evacuation questionnaire on April 22, 2020. If you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. You should complete the form only for the consular district where you are located.
If you have already completed the questionnaire, please do not submit another form or call to check on the status of a flight; we have received your information. If we have space for you on a future flight, you will be contacted by phone using the number you provided in the evacuation request questionnaire.
Register for STEP
We ask all those seeking to receive updates from the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or Consulate General in Lagos to register for the Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov.
To receive updates about Nigeria, you must select Nigeria as your destination under the “Add a Trip/Residence” section.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)