Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (April 4, 2020)
Event: Evacuation Flight Luggage Restrictions
Since the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority closed the airports to all international commercial flights, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos have been arranging evacuation flights to assist in repatriation of U.S. citizens who need to return to the United States. If you have completed the Lagos Evacuation Request Form or the Abuja Evacuation Request Form and you are eligible for a seat on a confirmed flight, you will be contacted directly. Please ensure you provide a correct phone number at which you can be contacted should we need to call you. Please read the e-mail carefully to ensure you understand and comply with all requirements, including arrival time and luggage restrictions. Commercial goods will not be permitted in checked or carry-on luggage.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter