Event: Since the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority closed all international airports to commercial flights, the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos have been working on arranging evacuation flights for U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States. Some of you have already received invitations for a flight. Please be aware, if you are confirmed for a flight, your confirmation will remain valid. However, flight details, including date and time, are likely to change leading up to the flight. Please monitor your e-mail closely in the days and hours leading up to your flight so you will not miss any important updates to your flight information. If you have not yet been confirmed for a flight, we ask for your patience as we continue to work on arranging additional flights. If you would like to take an evacuation flight out of Lagos but have not yet done so, please complete the Evacuation Flight Questionnaire as soon as possible. If you would like to take an evacuation flight out of Abuja, please complete the Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire. There are currently no additional confirmed evacuation flights from Abuja, but the Embassy is working to arrange them. Please be patient as all available resources are dedicated to making these arrangements. You will be contacted if a flight is available for you.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter