Seats Available on Air France Flights
The U.S. Consulate General has been advised that Air France is operating a flight from Lagos to Paris, via Cotonou, on both JUNE 18 and JUNE 25. The flight is now open to the public. Please note that only passengers meeting one of the following criteria will be allowed to purchase a ticket:
- Citizens of the European Union or the European Economic Area;
- Residents of France; or
- Persons transiting through the Paris airport under 24 hours. Only nationalities not requiring a transit visa for France will be allowed to transit.
- U.S. citizens do not require a transit visa for France.
- Nigerian citizens, to include Legal Permanent Residents of the United States, do require a transit visa for France and, therefore, may not be allowed to board these flights.
Please note the U.S. Mission is not organizing or booking seats for these flights. Interested travelers should contact Air France. See below for flight information and booking details:
Dates: Thursday, June 18, and Thursday, June 25
Destination: Lagos to Paris, via Cotonou
Connections to U.S.: There are commercial flight connections from Paris to various locations in the United States. All passengers are responsible for arranging their onward travel to the United States.
Pricing and Booking: For pricing details and to book a seat on either of these flights, visit https://wwws.airfrance.ng/ or call AFKLM Nigeria at: +234 1 227 8050 or +234 1 277 8070
U.S. Evacuation Flight Registration
The U.S. Mission continues to track requests for repatriation of U.S. citizens in Nigeria. Please note the Embassy and Consulate General are unable to guarantee additional evacuation flights.
The U.S. Mission released new evacuation questionnaires on April 22, 2020. If you are interested in taking a future evacuation flight and have not done so already, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data:
New Lagos Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
New Abuja Evacuation Flight Questionnaire
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Nigeria Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter