Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (April 4, 2020)
Event: COVID-19 Update
The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Nigeria as of April 3, 2020 has risen to 209, with 4 deaths and 25 recoveries. Lagos State continues to have the most confirmed cases (109). Other states with confirmed cases include Abuja (41), Osun (20), Enugu (2), Ekiti (2), Kaduna (4), Ondo (1), Oyo (9), Rivers (1), Akwa Ibom (5), Bauchi (3), Benue (1), Edo (7), and Ogun (4).
Remember that there are steps each of us can take to keep ourselves and our communities safe – shelter in place, practice social distancing, wash hands thoroughly and often, and avoid touching your face. More information, from symptoms to prevention techniques, can be found on the Center for Disease Control’s website.
These are trying and unprecedented times. As you await further information, remember to stay calm and rest assured that our commitment to American citizens in Nigeria remains unwavering. We will get through this, as we always do.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter