Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (July 03, 2020)
Event: Evacuation Flight Update
Update on Evacuation Flights
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos has successfully concluded its scheduled evacuation flight for this week. There are currently no schedule evacuation flights from Lagos or Abuja. U.S. Mission Nigeria continues to explore the possibility of future evacuation flights. At this time, we are unable to guarantee additional flights. Please do not call or e-mail to request a seat on this or future flights, we will call you if there is space available on a flight.
Please also note that the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and Consulate General in Lagos have suspended all routine consular services. We will make an announcement when we are able to safely re-open and reschedule canceled appointments.
Evacuation Flight Registration
U.S. Mission Nigeria released a new evacuation questionnaire on April 22, 2020. If you have not yet completed the questionnaire, please CAREFULLY and ACCURATELY complete the appropriate questionnaire below. EACH TRAVELER in your party must complete his/her own questionnaire in order to be included in our data. You should complete the form only for the consular district where you are located.
If you have already completed the questionnaire, please do not submit another form or call to check on the status of a flight; we have received your information. If we have space for you on a future flight, you will be contacted by phone using the number you provided in the evacuation request questionnaire.
Register for STEP
We ask all those seeking to receive updates from the U.S. Embassy in Abuja or Consulate General in Lagos to register for the Smart Travel Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov.
To receive updates about Nigeria, you must select Nigeria as your destination under the “Add a Trip/Residence” section.
With no currently scheduled evacuation flights, U.S. Mission Nigeria will revert to weekly MASCOT messages, with more frequent communications as COVID-19 developments arise.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter