Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (8 May 2020)
Event: CDC Resources Available
Although the lockdown in Lagos, Abuja, and Ogun State has been partially lifted, individuals are still requested to shelter in place and remain at home whenever possible. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides resources to keep yourself informed about COVID-19 and preventative measures you can take for yourself and your loved ones. In addition, CDC offers information on daily life and coping mechanisms to help you during these stressful times.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 460-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.