Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (2 May 2020)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Event: Update from NCDC
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) reports that as of May 1 the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 has reached 2,170 (including 351 recoveries and 68 deaths). Kano State is currently reporting the highest number of new daily cases (92), though infections continue to grow throughout the country. Please continue to shelter in place, practice social distancing and vigilant hygiene practices, and comply with local requirements for curfews, lockdowns, and face masks.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter