Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (12 April 2020)
Event: Adhere to Movement Restrictions
On April 11, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari urged those in Nigeria to continue observing restrictions on movement. On March 30, Nigeria implemented a 14-day restriction on movement in Lagos, the Federal Capital Territory (Abuja), and Ogun State. The order calls for all people in these areas to stay indoors. Please continue to shelter in place. If and when the Government of Nigeria issues an update to this order, we will communicate the details.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate General in Lagos are working to confirm additional evacuation flight(s) within the next 1-2 weeks. If you are interested in returning to the United States and have not done so yet, please have EACH traveler in your party submit the corresponding electronic form:
Lagos: Click here to access the Electronic Form
Abuja: Click here to access the Electronic Form
Happy Easter to all who are celebrating.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter