Health Alert: U.S. Mission Nigeria (April 11, 2020)
Event: Evacuation Flight Updates
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja and U.S. Consulate in Lagos are working to confirm additional evacuation flight(s) within the next 1-2 weeks. If you have a child between the ages of 12 and 17 years old who will be traveling on an evacuation flight alone, you must first inform the Embassy or Consulate and receive approval prior to accepting a flight invitation.
Children under the age of 12 years will not be allowed to travel unaccompanied and parents/guardians must make appropriate arrangements for the child to travel with a chaperone on the flight. The U.S. Department of State has specific guidelines for unaccompanied minors traveling on evacuation flights. Please do not allow your unaccompanied child to show up at the airport without approval. They will not be allowed to board the flight.
If we have space for you on the flight, you will receive a phone call asking you to confirm your intent to take the flight as scheduled. Once you confirm your intent to evacuate, you will receive an e-mail with the flight details. Please do not confirm that you will accept a seat on the flight unless you plan to take the flight. Doing this takes a seat from someone who is ready and able to travel.
If you are interested in returning to the U.S. and have not done so yet, please fill out the electronic form corresponding to your location and submit for EACH traveler in your party:
Lagos: Click here to access the Electronic Form:
Abuja: Click here to access the Electronic Form
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.