Event: Scheduled Flights Out of Abuja and Lagos
The U.S. Mission is working closely with the Government of Nigeria to ensure that a limited number of flights are permitted to land for the purpose of repatriating American citizens wishing to return to the United States. We understand that family and other considerations may make the timing of these flights difficult. Due to limited seating, we request that U.S. citizens who are contacted honestly assess their personal situations and do not indicate they will appear at the airport when they are not completely certain of their plans. Doing this takes a seat from someone who is ready and able to travel. After these flights, we will assess the need for additional flights depending on the demand. Due to the unprecedented nature of this situation and the worldwide effort to ensure all American citizens have a chance to return to the United States, the U.S. Embassy is not aware of when Washington, DC would be in a position to charter another aircraft. U.S. Embassy Abuja urges all persons who are considering evacuation to take advantage of this opportunity, if they are fully prepared to travel on short notice.
Each traveler needs to ensure that they have a valid travel document (U.S. passport, LPR card, or U.S. visa), and supply a valid email address and telephone number at which they can be contacted. Once contacted, please respond immediately.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter