Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Event: Scheduled Flights Out of Abuja
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is in the process of contacting persons who have registered their interest in being placed on an evacuation flight. The flight is estimated to travel later this week, but we do not have exact information at this time. After this flight, there are no other flights currently scheduled. Due to the unprecedented nature of this situation and the worldwide effort to ensure all American Citizens have a chance to return to the United States, U.S. Embassy Abuja is not aware of when Washington, DC would be in a position to charter another aircraft. U.S. Embassy Abuja urges all persons who are considering evacuation to take advantage of this opportunity.
If you have not yet registered your interest in repatriation flights but are interested in this week’s flight, you must register your interest using this link, Abuja Evacuation Request Form, no later than 9:00 am on Wednesday, April 8.
Each traveler needs to ensure that they supply a valid email address and telephone number at which they can be contacted. Once contacted, please respond immediately.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444