Health Alert: U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria (March 31, 2020)
Event: Evacuation flight update
On March 30, the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos announced it had arranged some emergency flights to depart Lagos to the Washington, DC area this week. Individuals have been contacted specifically with the flight information if a space was available. We are still working with thousands of U.S. citizens who have expressed interest in an evacuation flight but were not able to get a seat on these flights. There are no international commercial flights operating at this time in Nigeria, and while we are actively working to identify additional evacuation flight options, we have not secured any additional flights at this time.
We have received a significant number of phone calls and emails from those seeking to return to the United States, which we are working to respond to. We are asking U.S. citizens and their families across Nigeria to be patient and continue to shelter in place until further information is provided about other flight options to the United States.
If you are interested in returning to the United States and have not done so yet, please fill out the electronic form corresponding to your location and submit for EACH traveler in your party:
Important note: if you have sent us an email with these details but have not completed this form, please complete this form now for EACH member of your party.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (9) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.