Event: NCDC Health Update and Guidance
The Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) announced 97 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria as of March 28, 2020.
On February 28, 2020, the NCDC issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Nigeria and is asking anyone, especially those who recently arrived in Nigeria, who experience symptoms associated with COVID-19 (fever, cough, and difficulty breathing) to contact them immediately at +234 800 970 00010.
These are trying and unprecedented times. Remember to stay calm and rest assured that our commitment to U.S. citizens in Nigeria remains unwavering. Continue to practice social distancing and shelter in place. Make sure you are getting your information from legitimate sources (see useful links below). We will get through this difficult time together.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Nigeria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area
+234 (9) 461-4000 during business hours; after hours press zero (0)
- U.S. Consulate General Lagos, Nigeria
2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
+234 (1) 461-3400 during business hours and after hours
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Nigeria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter