The EducationUSA Advising Center provides quality, timely, accurate, unbiased information about accredited U.S. higher education institutions for persons wishing to study in the United States.
EducationUSA offers individual advising for a fee to help interested Nigerian students who have the academic qualifications and financial resources to study in the United States.
This center belongs to the EducationUSA network of educational advising centers affiliated with the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. EducationUSA advisers do not endorse or rank any college or university, nor do we endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa assistance. EducationUSA is your official source for U.S. higher education information.
For more information about EducationUSA and study opportunities in the United States, please visit the website
EducationUSA Membership Program
The EducationUSA membership program works closely with registered members to identify appropriate colleges and universities in the United States for study. We can assist with navigating the application process, finding financial aid and scholarships opportunities, and negotiating funding for qualified students.
We also provide capacity building workshops and sessions to strengthen academic preparedness for applying to U.S. schools.
- Prospective members must complete an application form
- The application fee costs N2,000
- Each applicant will be assessed by an EducationUSA adviser who will counsel them about their potential to be admitted into a U.S. institution of higher learning
- Qualified applicants may become EducationUSA members
- Membership fees are N32,000 per year
Members have access to EducationUSA services every weekday except Wednesdays and Nigerian and U.S. holidays when the Embassy is closed.
- Individual advising with professional educational advisers
- Personal assistance to find an appropriate colleges or universities
- Educational resources, library and technology center
- Access to EducationUSA facilities and services
- Mock standardized tests
Facilities and services ensure the best possible chance for admissions into appropriate institutions in the United States.
Facilities and services available at the center include:
- Professional advising and counseling services
- Personal interviews with students, parents, guardians and sponsors
- Assistance to complete application forms for U.S. colleges and universities
- Help to convey the finest qualities of the applicants
- Library of print and electronic educational materials
- Technology center
- Provide contact information for colleges and universities
- EducationUSA book club
- Workshops and seminars
- EducationUSA Competitive Colleges Club
- EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program
EducationUSA Advisers will assist clients to:
- Select and apply to appropriate institutions
- Provide information on standardized tests required for admission such as TOEFL, ACT, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Better understand and prepare for the student study environment and culture in the United States
Special orientation sessions will be held for members only. They include:
- Financial aid workshops
- Essay writing workshops
- Admissions procedures
- Detailed information about preparing to study in the United States
- Counseling on the student visa process
- Pre-departure orientation and procedures
Educational Advising Centers Locations:
Embassy of the United States of America,
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, Abuja.
Telephone: 234-09-461-4241/4298; Fax: 234-09-461-4334/4010;
U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section,
2 Walter Carrington Crescent; Victoria Island-Lagos.
Telephone: +234-1-460-3400 or +234-1-460-3801/3803
Advising Center Hours – ABUJA
|Office Hours||Monday-Thursday||9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.|
|Membership Registration and Member Services||Monday and Tuesday||9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.|
|General Public Orientation and Registration
General Orientation Session held at the American Corner,
City Library, Wuse Zone 4 Abuja.
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.|
|Membership Registration||Thursday||9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.|
|Member Services||Thursday||12:00 noon–
|Member Registration and Member Services||Friday||9:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.|
|Member’s Session||Friday||10:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon|
Advising Center Hours – LAGOS
|Office Hours||Monday-Thursday||9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.|
|Registered Member Services||Monday and Thursday||9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.|
|General Public Orientation* (registration required: https://bit.ly/333cihS).||Wednesday||10:00 a.m.- 12:00 noon|
|Membership Registration and Member Services||Wednesday||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|New Members Orientation Session on Appointment Only||Thursday||9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.|
|CLOSED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS||Friday||CLOSED|
|*General Orientation Session held at the U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island.|
NOTE! Educational Advising Centers are closed on American and Nigerian holidays.
EducationUSA Resources are available at the American Corners
- American Corner, Abuja, FCT
- American Corner, Bauchi, Bauchi
- American Corner, Calabar, Cross Rivers State
- American Corner, Enugu, Enugu State
- American Corner, Ibadan, Oyo State
- American Corner, Jos, Plateau State
- American Corner, Kano, Kano State
- American Corner, Lagos, Lagos State
- American Corner, Maiduguri, Borno State
- American Corner, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- American Corner, Sokoto
Please note that members who are not resident in the city where our centers are located can use the resources available at these locations.
EducationUSA works closely with the American Corners established in many states in Nigeria. For more information visit the American Corners Page