Location: Abuja city, Nigeria, particularly these areas often used before:
- Unity Fountain
- Eagle Square
- Wuse Districts
- The Federal Secretariat
- Ahmadu Bello Way
- Herbert Macaulay Way
- Shehu Shagari Way
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Abuja advises U.S. citizens that demonstrations are expected to take place between September 7 and September 9. We have no information about the duration or schedule of these protests, beyond the planned dates. U.S. Government personnel have been advised to exercise caution traveling within Abuja city throughout this period. Recent protests have encountered a strong police/security force response, including the use of tear gas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas listed above.
- Avoid demonstrations and large crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Consulate inLagos, Nigeria
+(234) 1 460-3600
+(234) 1 460-3400 (after hours)