December 17, 2015
Pursuant to the Executive Order issued by the President of the United States, U.S. Government offices will be closed in observance of Christmas Eve on December 24th, beginning at 12:00 p.m. The Consular Sections of the U.S. Embassy in Abuja and the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos will be closed at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 24, 2015 and will resume normal business hours on Tuesday, December 29, 2015.
Emergency services are available to American Citizens 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including all holidays.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Nigeria Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abuja, located at Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central District Area, at +234 (9) 461-4000, Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (9) 461-4000. Contact the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, located 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, at +234 (1) 460-3600 or +234 (1) 460-3400, Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +234 (1) 460-3600 or +234 (1) 460-3400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.